If You Leased an Oil & Gas Leasehold or Working Interest in Oklahoma or Kansas
Between December 27, 2007 and April 1, 2013,

You May Be Eligible for a Payment from a $6.95 Million Settlement.

A Settlement has been reached with Chesapeake Energy Corp., Chesapeake Exploration, L.L.C., and Tom L. Ward, and their affiliates (collectively, “Defendants”) in a class action lawsuit about fixing the prices paid to leaseholders in exchange for the right to explore for and produce minerals on the land.  The lawsuit claims that Defendants and SandRidge Energy, Inc. and SandRidge Exploration and Production, L.L.C. (“SandRidge”) unlawfully conspired to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize lease bonuses and royalties in the Mississippi Lime Play of the Anadarko Basin Region, to reduce payments to the leaseholders. 

You are included in the Settlement and are entitled to seek a payment, if you leased your property directly to Chesapeake or SandRidge or through their agents, or otherwise assigned or transferred the lease to them (“Class Member”).  Class Members who transacted with Chesapeake and Class Members who transacted with SandRidge will be entitled to payments in the same manner.  Class Members will release claims through this Settlement against Chesapeake and SandRidge. 

Your legal rights are affected even if you do nothing.

Your Legal Rights And Options In This Settlement


Submit a Claim

This is the only way to get a payment. See Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) 7.

June 24, 2019

Ask to Be Excluded

You will get no monetary benefits from the Settlement.  This is the only option that allows you to assert the claims released by this Settlement against Defendants about the underpaid bonus payments at issue in this case.  See FAQ 9.

 April 4, 2019


If you wish to object to the Settlement, or anything else referenced in the Notice, you must file a written objection.  See FAQ 8.

 April 4, 2019

Go to a Hearing

You may also request to be heard at the Final Fairness Hearing.  See FAQ 5.

April 25, 2019

Do Nothing

You will forfeit your right to get a monetary benefit from the Settlement, and you will give up your rights to assert claims released by this Settlement against Defendants about the underpaid bonus payments at issue in this case. If you wish to remain in the Settlement Class to qualify for a payment, you must submit a claim form.